what your teen wishes you knew
Upon being surveyed, here is what teens had to say
- "When I am not talkative or more quiet than usual, it's only because I am being pensive and try to think for MYSELF instead of my parents thinking for me."
- "Being a high school student is stressful. There is a lot to worry about. Now, being a teenager is even more difficult. Please be patient with me. I am STRESSED!"
- "I know you were a teenager once, but being a teenager in this era is a lot harder. Please do not compare yourself to me or my generation. It is not the same at all!"
- "Let me make my own decisions and mistakes. I will learn from them. But that does not mean that you should not give me advice. I am learning. I need your advice. If I roll my eyes, don't take it personal. I am listening".
- "Let me choose my major. I will be the one going to school for it. If there is a major that interests you, this could be a great time for you to explore college for yourself".